Beauty Icon NYC FAQ Continued
1. Do you do individual lashes?
Yes, we do individual lashes as well as strip lashes.
2. Do you do airbrush?
No, we no longer provide this service.
3. Do you recommend individual or strip lashes?
If you have never worn lashes before than we recommend individual lashes. If you have worn fake lashes before, then strips are perfect!
4. Do you offer trials and where do they take place?
Yes, we offer trials! During the trial we will discuss what you like and come up with the perfect look that you will love. They take place in the comfort of your own home where we travel to you (additional travel fee may apply) or you may travel to our location.
5. Can I bring someone to my trial?
We recommend that you experience a trial all on your own because it’s a very important part of your wedding planning process. If you feel that you cannot make a decision by yourself and need the help of this person, then please bring them along as long as your party is not disruptive during your trial process.
6. Is a trial necessary?
We highly recommend a trial because it gives us the chance to get to know you as a person! Along with that, we can discuss certain things you like or may not like and adjust to your personal preference. We want you to love your makeup or hair which is most important to us.
7. Can I meet you beforehand?
Yes, of course! We would love to meet you too! Please email us so we can coordinate a date and time that works best for us all.
8. Is there a discount for your services?
In our price list, there are already some discounted rates depending on size of party and/or services, however, prices are non-negotiable. Please inquire for price list.
9. How much time does it take to get my makeup and/or hair done?
For a bride only, makeup and hair will take 1 hour and 20 minutes for each service. If receiving both services, 2.5 hours is needed. For a bridesmaid, attendee, or other special events, each service will take 45 minutes.
10. Do you provide touch ups or change makeup/hair on the day of the wedding?
Yes, we offer both options at an hourly rate. Please inquire for more information.
11. Do you provide makeup and hair services for large parties?
Yes, we provide makeup and hair services for ANY size party.
12. Do you provide services for other events?
We provide services for proms, sweet sixteens, birthdays, weddings, photo shoots, engagement parties, bridal showers, etc.
13. What do I need to do in order to book my day?
In order to book your day, we require you to fill out a contract and send a deposit. Your date is not booked or guaranteed if we do not receive those two things.
14. Do you offer referral program or any future discount?
Yes, we offer 20% off of your next service if you refer us to your friends!
15. Do you offer a touch up kit?
Yes, we provide a sample of the lipstick we use on you with an applicator on the day of your event for certain packages.
16. Do you work with every skin type, ethnicity, and eye shape?
Yes, we can do anything on any one! Please see our work in our portfolio.
17. Do you do destination weddings?
Yes! Please inquire for more information regarding destination weddings.
18. Do you work on holidays?
Yes we do! Please note, some holidays are double the rate.
19. How should I prepare my skin/hair leading up to the wedding day?
Please do not wax or thread eyebrows the day before. Skin may be irritated in that area. If you choose to get lash extensions, make sure they are a fresh new set. If choosing to get a facial, please book one at least two weeks before your special day. Overall, please do not make any drastic changes to your hair or skin leading up to your wedding day.